St Nicholas Rest Garden


St Nicholas Rest Garden at the southern end of Dyke Road was laid out in 1840 as an extension cemetery for Brighton's parish church, St Nicholas. It was used for burials until 1853. It is now a city park under the care of the Council and is open to everyone. It provides a green and leafy breathing space not far from the hurly-burly of Western Road. The entrance is through the big stone archway on the opposite side of Dyke Road to the church.