Brighton Business Centre

History notes: 1854-1987

John Blackwell

Situated on the corner of Viaduct and Ditchling roads, stands this impressive flint work building with doors and windows more likely to be found in a church. Hardly surprising, it was built in 1854 as the Diocesan Training College for Schoolmistresses.

The college continued until 1939 when the building was requisitioned and became the Royal Engineer's Record Office until conversion to its present use as serviced offices in 1987.

This page was added on 22/03/2006.