Valley Gardens

Photo:Pavilion Parade, c. 1940s: Facades at the corner of Pavilion Parade in the Old Steine

Pavilion Parade, c. 1940s: Facades at the corner of Pavilion Parade in the Old Steine

Image reproduced with kind permission from Brighton and Hove in Pictures by Brighton and Hove City Council

Pavilion Parade

Reproduced with permission from the Encyclopaedia of Brighton by Tim Carder, 1990

Please note that this text is an extract from a reference work written in 1990.  As a result, some of the content may not reflect recent research, changes and events.

k) PAVILION PARADE: Built in the 1790s, this listed, elegant, four-storey terrace has ironwork balconies and now mixes bows with angular bays, but all the buildings have distinctive doorways; nos.3-4 also have cobbled fronts. Nos.10-11 are an annexe of Brighton Polytechnic . Nos.1-2 Pavilion Parade faced south on the northern side of the once narrow Edward Street , but were demolished in 1928 for road-widening. {44,116}

Any numerical cross-references in the text above refer to resources in the Sources and Bibliography section of the Encyclopaedia of Brighton by Tim Carder.

This page was added on 28/04/2008.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.