Volks Electric Railway

Damage, further extension and improvements

Reproduced with permission from the Encyclopaedia of Brighton by Tim Carder, 1990

Browse this gallery: Next | Previous | Menu

Photo:In 1901 Magnus Volk was permitted to extend his 1883 electric railway eastwards from Paston Place to Black Rock, where the small station shown here was built. New stations were built at Black Rock in 1911 and 1937 when the Swimming Pool opened.

In 1901 Magnus Volk was permitted to extend his 1883 electric railway eastwards from Paston Place to Black Rock, where the small station shown here was built. New stations were built at Black Rock in 1911 and 1937 when the Swimming Pool opened.

Image reproduced with kind permission from Brighton and Hove in Pictures by Brighton and Hove City Council

This page was added on 05/05/2008.